Thank You for contacting us. We will get back to you shortly.
CASTLE ACADEMY IS NOW HIRING ENTHUSIASTIC AND ENERGETIC INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM.
We are currently hiring Early Childhood Teachers, Teachers aids, and substitute teachers
Pay is $12-$17/hr for full time employees depending on qualifications.
We offer health, vision, dental, and life insurance. Great paid time off, lunch provided, and a great family atmosphere.
Please contact us for details regarding job opportunities at 303-663-7300 ext. 3 or print off the application and bring it by our office.
It is our goal at Castle Academy to prepare your child for Kindergarten whether they will attend a private or public school in any community. At the beginning of the Pre-K year, your child should have some basic skills in the areas of math, reading-readiness, social/emotional development, and practical skills. Strong work habits, listening skills, and appropriate behaviors are necessary for your child to smoothly transition into Kindergarten.
The following is a list of skills that your child should acquire while in Pre-K;
- Separate easily from parents
- Self-help skills (clean up after play, dress oneself, independent bathroom skills)
- Play independently and stay focused with a friend for 15 minutes
- Follow basic classroom rules, structure, and directions
- Recognize some letters, numbers, and sight words
- Write some letters, numbers, and shapes
- Recite rhyming words and opposite words
- Listen to a story and repeat back some major points
- Grip a pencil and crayon correctly
- Write name in upper case letters
- Understand basic math by adding, counting, sorting, classifying, measuring
- Willingly participate in age-appropriate lessons and activities
- Make good choices, confident in a classroom setting, begin to build good character traits
- Participate without frustration, does not tire easily
- Accept teacher’s authority, need little or no special attention for making poor choices
Introduction to sight words including: A, I, IT, IS, IF, IN, ON, AT, AN, AM, HE, WE, ME, BE, NO, NOT, SO, GO.